Pork Storks Australia is the leader in pig semen processing and delivery systems in Australia, operating two state-of-the-art pig semen collection facilities that encompass superior health, environmental control and quality management systems. We are proud to be part of Apiam Animal Health, (Apiam) is one of Australia’s leading rural veterinary businesses made up of 70 business sites as part of a team of over 800 dedicated professionals.
Pork Storks Australia (PSA), is looking for a Shed Supervisor with an animal husbandry or farming background to join the team at their Boar Stud located in Lethbridge, a 20 minute drive from Geelong in Victoria.
Reporting to the Site Manager the Shed Supervisor is accountable for the day-to-day supervision of shed staff undertaking their PSA duties, including the collection of semen; processing & packing of semen; animal husbandry and the maintenance of the boar stud facility.
This role requires a “hands on” motivated self-starter with a “can do” attitude and be willing to work flexible hours (including rostered weekends). You must possess a high level of interpersonal and computer skills as you will be charged with ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the stud run smoothly, efficiently and most of all safely.
Experience in a livestock handling (preferably in industries with biosecurity controls) and proven supervisory or people management skills are essential to be successful in this role.
Duties will Include:
- Assisting the daily operations of the boar stud such as the collection, processing and packing of semen.
- Animal health, husbandry and maintenance of the boar stud facility.
- Ensuring compliance with all Pork Storks Australia bio security requirements and the Australian Pork Industry Quality Assurance Program (APIQ).
- Ensuring production schedules and customer requirements are met.
- Assist with rostering, management and training of a small team.
- Ensuring compliance with the company code of conduct, policies and procedures, including WH&S regulations.
- Assist with managing relationships with customers, suppliers and veterinary staff and logistics operations.
What’s on offer:
- An attractive salary package in accordance with your skills and experience.
- Phone allowance.
- Company uniform provided.
- The numerous benefits of being part of the Apiam Animal Health family include; opportunities for continued professional development plus perks such as discounts from various retail, travel, fitness and health providers.
If you are a Veterinary Nurse or Clinic Manager with a solid understanding of the importance of good biosecurity and an ability to lead a small team, and you are keen to learn some of the technical processes at our genetics centre, we would love to hear from you!
Location: lethbridge VIC
For more information and to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com