The Finley Veterinary Clinic has operated for over 45 years and we pride ourselves on the part we have played in overall animal health and welfare in the region and in the advanced, innovative dairying we service. We are proud to be part of Apiam Animal Health, (Apiam) is one of Australia’s leading rural veterinary businesses made up of 70 business sites as part of a team of over 800 dedicated professionals.
We are seeking a passionate Veterinary Nurse to join our dynamic and dedicated team on a part time, 5 days per fortnight basis.
- Admitting and discharging patients.
- Consulting nurse duties.
- Collection and processing of diagnostic samples.
- Preparing patients for surgery.
- TPR’s and tracking and charting vitals.
- Monitoring anaesthetised patients.
- Updating clients on their animal’s progress.
- Administering medication.
- Reception, administration and invoicing duties as required.
Check us out at: https://www.finleyvet.com.au/
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Currently studying or completed a Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing.
- 2 + years’ experience in a busy vet clinic would be advantageous.
- The ability to work some weekends on a rotating roster.
- Strong understanding of veterinary nursing procedures.
- Flexibility to work a range of days and hours as required.
- Mature and confident approach when communicating with clients.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- A strong passion and dedication to providing high quality care to all patients.
What’s on offer:
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- In-house training and development.
- Membership of VNCA and radiation licensing to all our nursing staff and continuing education is encouraged.
- The numerous benefits of being part of the Apiam Animal Health family include; opportunities for continued professional development plus perks such as discounts from various retail, travel, fitness and health providers.
If you’re a Veterinary Nurse looking to join a great team environment, apply today as opportunities like this will not last!