Knox Veterinary Clinic is one of the expanding Apiam Animal Health group of regional and rural clinics that are committed to enriching the lives of people and animals in their care and to shaping the future of the veterinary industry.
Located in Dalby, Qld, we provide veterinary care to pets, horses and farm animals across the Western Darling Downs region. Knox Vets is a long established and busy mixed practice with a large team of 9 vets and 10 support staff of experienced veterinary nurses and receptionists.
Your new role
We seek a Clinic Coordinator to be part of the clinic leadership team working closely alongside the Clinical Lead Veterinarian and reporting to the Regional Lead.
Based in Dalby, the Clinic Coordinator is responsible for organizing and coordinating clinic operations and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient workflow of the clinic.
- Predominantly, your role will be centred around managing people and teams.
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the veterinary practice under broad guidance from the Regional Lead and in collaboration with the Clinical Lead, ensuring the highest standards of customer service and patient care.
- Manage the administrative team and oversee payroll administration processes including leave management
- Implementation of software processes and new procedures within the clinic
- Manage the clinic administration, nursing and technician teams and monitor quality of work produced.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and quality standards for all practice operations.
- Management of banking and reconciliations, and preparation of all financial reports for management group.
- Establish effective debt management processes to ensure timely payment of accounts
- Coordinate and lead strategic and business planning to improve the practice’s financial outcomes including delivery of marketing and advertising.
- Ensure rostering is completed in a timely manner and communicated to staff.
- You must be a genuinely motivated and enthusiastic person who, by example, creates and contributes to an amazingly positive workplace culture.
- You build rapport with people easily and you enjoy leading and managing people.
- You will thrive in a busy and sometimes chaotic environment filled with many different personalities.
- You are highly organized and can work autonomously as well as collaboratively with your teams.
- You love the challenge of leading people through change.
- You are looking for the next step in advancing your career, not just a job.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing people and building successful teams is our key priority.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management or supervisory position in a service delivery or hospitality environment is essential.
- Previous business management experience highly desirable.
- Experience within a veterinary services position is advantageous but not essential.
- Competent user of MS Office programs and databases.
Dalby is a major regional commercial centre, the “Hub of the Darling Downs”. Within a rich agricultural area, Dalby offers all of the expected services of a large town and is within easy access of Brisbane and Toowoomba.
Location: Dalby, QLD
To obtain the full position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this role please contact Leisa Denaro Ph 0437 293 046 or email@example.com or Dr Jemma Postle Ph 0438 727 349 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application including a Cover Letter addressing the key criteria along with your resume to email@example.com. Applications close 14 May 2021.