Companion animal Veterinarians – Enjoy the fabulous regional lifestyle in Bendigo with a roster that gives you the time.
Apiam Animal Health operates a group of 3 practices in Bendigo, Central Victoria. We seek an experienced companion animal veterinarian for Fur Life Vet at Epsom.
- 100% Companion Animals.
- No weekend on-call. Shared Saturday mornings and 1 week-night is all that is required for after hours.
- In this full-time role you will enjoy a varied case load of consulting and surgery in a busy, growing clinic.
- Visiting specialist services provide additional learning opportunities and allows you to follow your cases through.
- You will join experienced senior vet Dr Charmaine Van Der Linde and a team of highly skilled and experienced nurses and reception staff.
- Between our team and the extensive network of expertise within the Apiam group, we can handle most cases. If referral is required, Melbourne is only 90 minutes away.
- We strongly encourage and support continuing education and development of your area of special interest. We have plenty of opportunities and pathways to advance your career.
The Clinic and Location:
- This practice has all the expected equipment plus some! Full Idexx in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, ultrasound, CT scanner, surgical suite, tonometer, dental station and x-ray, endoscope, Rx Works software.
- Bendigo is a vibrant contemporary regional centre and Victoria’s fourth largest city. It boasts beautiful streets created from one of the world’s greatest gold rushes. Wide streets lined by opulent buildings are now interwoven with intriguing laneways and arcades that are home to a new breed of innovators. Modern day Bendigo has sublime food, wine and shopping experiences against a stunning heritage backdrop. All this and only an hour and a half from Melbourne!
- Check us out at Fur Life Vet Epsom
- You have established skills in routine companion animal medicine and surgery.
- If you are a motivated new or recent graduate, keen to learn and grow within our small team, you are welcome to apply.
- It is advantageous if you have, or wish to pursue, further training in a special interest area.
- You have empathy and respect for your clients and patients and are enthusiastic about building great relationships with them.
- You enjoy a team approach and being part of a “work family”.
- We highly value work – life balance. We work on a 38-hour week for all. We also acknowledge the reality that some days will be long and very busy, sometimes it will be chaotic and frustrating. We want you to be able to remain calm and work with your team to support each other.
What we offer:
- Salary is above award and commensurate with your experience.
- Apiam Animal Health is not so big as to lose our personal touch, but we are big enough to be able to offer some cool employee benefits in addition to your salary. These include paid AVA membership and VSB registration, paid Volunteer leave, paid Maternity Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Hills Pet Nutrition staff discount, discounts with many retailers, corporate gym membership, corporate travel deals, discounted health insurance and more.
- Apiam invests in its people. Continuing education and development of an area of special interest is encouraged. We offer many career path options and provide training opportunities internally and externally to help you achieve your goals.
If you are a motivated vet who seeks a variety of cases and a small close-knit team, we would love to speak with you.
Location: Bendigo, VIC
For more information and to express your interest, please email your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org