Apiam Animal Health is seeking an experienced companion animal veterinarian to join the team at the Echuca Moama Veterinary Clinic.
Our busy 4 veterinarian companion animal practice is located in Echuca on the beautiful Murray River. This is a vibrant regional centre renowned for its lifestyle. It offers most services including high calibre schooling. There are excellent restaurants and cafes along with a great range of entertainment, leisure and sporting activities that is expected of a tourist town. The outdoor lifestyle is fantastic with water sports on your doorstep and only 3 hours’ drive to the ski fields. Melbourne is an easy two and a half hours drive away.
- 9 day fortnight. Vets work 8.30am – 6pm M-F and, when rostered, 8.30-12.30 on Saturday morning.
- You will be well supported by a fun team of friendly vets and nurses. Our experienced and progressive management team are open to and supportive of all new ideas and suggestions.
- One in four weekend / on call rota.
- Lunch breaks are enforced, preferably out of the building so you are not disturbed!
- It is a very busy fast paced clinic where you will be exposed to a variety of cases. Our awesome support staff will enable you to finish and get out of the door on time most days.
The practice has all the expected equipment including a full IDEXX in-house laboratory suite, digital DR x-ray, digital dental x-ray, ultrasound, surgery suite including anaesthetic monitors, blood pressure monitors and ECG.
Echuca Moama Veterinary Clinic is a part of Apiam Animal Health. Apiam is comprised of Australia’s leading production animal and mixed animal veterinary practices. It incorporates over 140 highly experienced, industry leading veterinarians with expertise across the pig, dairy, feedlot, sheep, equine and companion animal sectors, supported by an experienced administration, nursing, technical services and ancillary team. Apiam Animal Health is committed to delivering value to our clients through leadership, innovation, expertise and collaboration, shaping the future of the veterinary industry and having fun while doing it.
Apiam offers exceptional support to new graduates starting their first position through our Graduate Development Program. This program provides both technical and personal training and mentoring support. Learn more about this program here.
You will require:
- Veterinary Science degree registered in Australia
- Preferably at least 2+ years’ experience with companion animals, however new graduates are welcome to apply.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think on the go.
- Advanced skills in an area of special interest that you could develop in our clinic would be a bonus but not essential.
- More importantly, you have a commitment to continued learning & development and the desire to share what you have learnt with others.
- Most importantly, you have a cheerful approach to your daily work and an ability to build great rapport with your colleagues and your clients.
We will negotiate salary and benefits depending on the skills and experience you can offer.
Apiam offers a range of benefits including support for continued professional development, study leave, paid AVA membership, VSB registration, Plumbs subscription, paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave, a mental health first-aider in every clinic, an Employee Assistance Program, and a range of corporate discounts for retail, travel and gym. Plus, we are proud to be able to give back to our clients and communities through the Fur Life Foundation and our various client support initiatives.
Location: Echuca, VIC
For more information about the position please contact
Dr Mark Wheatley (03) 5483 5999 or Leisa Denaro 0437 293 046.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN NOW AND SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com