Gympie Veterinary Services seeks an experienced “all-rounder” for a Companion Animal Veterinarian role.
- 100% Companion Animals in a large busy clinic.
- If you are a good all-rounder and can work up complex medical cases and be prepared to take the extra step in surgery, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Our preference is for a vet who is motivated to continue advancing their surgery skills whilst seeing a mix of medicine and surgery cases.
- We are proactive with preventative health.
- We have plenty of experience in our team to support you where needed.
We set a high standard. We have all the expected toys like Digital Radiography (diagnostic and dental); In house Lab including CBC, Biochemistry, Blood gases, Coagulation; We run 4 anaesthetic machines, sometimes all at once; We have endoscopy, ultrasound, oxygen cages, isolation cages and loads of surgery cages.
Currently we only refer very complex orthopaedics, difficult ophthalmology, PSS surgery, CT and MRI cases and not much else.
- We have a great big team (over 35 staff) with lots of personalities.
- You can be certain that everyone is here for the right reason – we love our patients and want the best for them.
- Our vets have experience ranging from 2 years to 20+ years.
- We work together well and encourage collaboration
- Our nurses are awesome and will line up to perform venipuncture, place catheters, run bloods and take radiographs.
- We have dedicated receptionists who we can’t live without.
- We are a progressive practice with our nurses and vets contributing to Apiam’s wider Veterinary Services and Nurse Advisory Groups.
- Our clients come from every socioeconomic background. Some book in for every itch and scratch, some only when a limb has fallen off! Some won’t spend $50 but plenty will draw down their mortgage for their beloved pets.
- We live and work in a beautiful region. Within an hour of beaches, National Parks, Noosa and the Sunshine Coast and 2 hours to Brisbane. We are surrounded by picturesque countryside with trails for hikers, bikers, or horse riders.
- If you are a fitness freak there are plenty of gyms and pools.
- If it’s food and entertainment you want, there’s lots of great restaurants and cafes and a fabulous array of regional farm gate producers on the Hinterland food trails. All your shopping needs are catered for too.
- Real Estate is affordable (for now!).
- There are 4 high schools and about a dozen primary schools to choose from.
- Your time wasted in the car commuting to work will be next to zero.
- Experienced small animal vet – ideally with a surgery interest or open to other special interests.
- You don’t need to be a superstar vet however the enthusiasm and ability to care for most types of cases is welcomed.
- You take responsibility for your case load and are prepared to pitch in on a big day.
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for all types of clients.
- If you are a new or recent graduate seeking 100% companion animal work, you are welcome to apply.
What we promise:
- We won’t ask you to do ridiculous shifts; we actively work to manage a healthy work-life balance.
- An enticing salary package well above award for the right person as well as support for your continuing education interests, 4 weeks annual leave, paid volunteer leave, parental leave, 1 week conference leave and allowances, after hours bonuses plus many other corporate level discounts and benefits that come with being part of the Apiam family.
- We are open to all options that make the position great for you.
- A guarantee that you will never be bored, that you can learn something new daily.
- Genuine learning and career growth opportunities and mentoring within Apiam’s experienced network.
Location: Gympie, Qld
If you would like to speak to one of the companion animal vets in the Gympie team, please contact Leisa Denaro in the first instance. Ph 0437 293 046.
To apply, email to Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a Cover Letter and your CV.