Small Animal Veterinarian Full Time Position at Gippsland Veterinary Hospital.
- Advanced imaging including CT, digital radiography, ultrasound
- Well-equipped surgical theatre including full orthopaedic kits, video endoscope and arthroscope
- Rehabilitation including hydrotherapy
- 4 consult rooms
- Complete Idexx laboratory suite plus progesterone assay
- Dedicated dental procedure room with IM3 dental station and dental radiography
- Equine hospital including full surgery facilities.
The Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is a busy mixed practice with a large team of small animal vets, production animal vets and mixed vets plus 30 support staff based in the heart of the always green and productive Macalister irrigation district in Maffra, south east Gippsland.
Our long-established practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital. We have a great client base of small animal owners that trust us with the care of their pets plus progressive dairy and beef farmers and an ever-expanding population of dedicated equine clients.
We provide a high standard of service and can diagnose and treat most things in-house due to the quality equipment, extensive experience amongst our vets and skilled nursing team. We handle a varied case load and we refer very little.
Due to our growth and service expansion, we are about to start extensive additions to our Maffra premises. In addition to our existing 2 consult rooms, prep area and surgical theatre, we will have CT and a dedicated imaging room, a dentistry procedure room, rehab/hydrotherapy room including an underwater treadmill, and 2 new consult rooms taking us to a total of 4 plus a grooming room.
- You are an experienced small animal vet who wants to do more than routine medicine and surgery.
- You want to further develop your area of special interest.
- You can assist in expanding the services of the rapidly growing small animal side of this very busy practice.
- This is not a “jab and go” clinic; You will work up complex medical cases like a pro and be prepared to take the extra step in surgery.
- You bring an enthusiastic attitude; you are someone who sets the bar high and is committed to getting there through exceptional teamwork.
- You take responsibility for your case load and are prepared to pitch in on a big day.
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for the clients.
- The clinic hours are 8.00 am – 5.30 pm Monday through Friday and 8.00 am – 12 noon Saturday. After hours is equally shared.
- Live in a rural setting at Maffra or, if you prefer, you could base yourself at Sale.
- If you like your food and wine, nature and wildlife, the Gippsland area offers the lot.
- Stretching from Melbourne’s eastern fringe to the New South Wales border, the region boasts some of the most stunning national parks in the state. Some of the most spectacular include Wilsons Promontory at the southernmost tip of the Australian mainland, Victoria’s largest coastal wilderness area Croajingolong National Park – a World Biosphere Reserve of more than 100 km – and the Gippsland Lakes, Australia’s biggest and most beautiful expanse of inland waterway.
- Like to hit the slopes? We are situated close to the excellent snow fields of Mt Hotham.
- There is an enticing salary package on offer for the right person with the attitude and ambition to help support the growth of this practice and the experience to make it happen. Depending on your skills and experience, you can expect to earn $85000 – $100000 plus super and benefits.
- Additional benefits that come with being a part of the Apiam family include paid AVA membership, VSB registration fees, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week CE leave and associated registration fees and genuine support for further education, paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave, plenty of discounts with retailers, travel agents and professional service providers.
Location: Gippsland, VIC
For more information and to apply:
Contact Dr Leisa Denaro 0437 293 046.
Please email your CV with references and a cover letter addressing the key criteria above. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org