Mixed Practice Veterinarian – Devoted Vets, Warragul
• Major growing rural city – genuine work life balance
• Great culture, modern well-equipped clinic
• Outstanding salary package commensurate with experience + Benefits
Be a member of a team of exceptional veterinary professionals and nurses, committed to excellence in an empathetic, warm and friendly environment.
Here at Devoted Vets, we recognise that our 4 vet, 5 nurse team is the foundation of not just our business, but of our way of life. Join us in the next exciting phase of our journey.
For over 50 years Devoted Vets at Warragul has delivered veterinary excellence and a well-earned reputation for attracting, retaining and developing quality Vets and Vet Nurses. You will be offered interesting and challenging cases, with a manageable caseload and an excellent work life balance.
About The Job
As a highly trained vet you will already have a good idea of the day-to-day requirements of being a great Mixed Practice Veterinarian. Here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be contributing to, together with the rest of our team:
• Work with small animals, horses and farm animals to diagnose their health problems and recommend best practice treatment. Our work is 70% small animal, 20% dairy cattle and 10% horses and farm animals.
• Consult with clients regarding preventive care.
• The ability to lead by example.
Devoted Vets is a genuinely unique environment, one that encourages quality and excellence in all that we do. This is very important to us, but harmony is equally important, ensuring a great working atmosphere where honesty through transparency builds trust.
You will get all the structure and support you need, along with the autonomy you desire. Discover a real sense of purpose with a clear pathway to professional mastery!
As part of Apiam Animal Health – Australia’s largest rural and production animal veterinary group – we are able to offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Opportunities across the Apiam clinics are encouraged, and we offer industry-leading internal training.
Warragul is in Baw Baw Shire, an easy one hour drive east of Melbourne with all its fantastic sporting, dining and cultural opportunities. Our region boasts some of Australia’s finest scenery. Snow-capped mountain resorts in winter, some of Victoria’s most pristine beaches in summer, and a wide range of gourmet restaurants and wineries await you. Be tempted!
For more information about our beautiful region, visit https://regionalliving.vic.gov.au/explore-regional-victoria/gippsland/baw-baw
• You genuinely care for animals large and small, fellow team members and customers.
• You enjoy working with a young vibrant team.
• You understand that attention to detail and documentation is as essential as great diagnostic expertise.
• An experienced vet with a wide range of mixed practice skills will be highly regarded.
• Enthusiastic new and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
• An outstanding salary package commensurate with experience.
• 4 week equally shared roster with generous time off.
• A range of great benefits and discounts that come with being a part of the Apiam Animal Health Family.
• For new graduates, Apiam’s Graduate Development Program incorporates our Mentor Program, regular soft skills webinars to help with transition to practice plus our annual “Grad Week Conference” where you will have hands-on practical workshop streams on cattle, small animals and equine. All new and recent graduates from Apiam clinics come together for learning and social activities as part of this exciting program.
Location: Warragul VIC
To speak to one of our vets about this position, you are welcome to contact Dr Ben Rhodes on 0418 649 471.
Please email your application, including Cover Letter and CV to: Dr Leisa Denaro email@example.com