Located in Dalby, Knox Veterinary Clinic is one of the expanding Apiam Animal Health group of regional and rural clinics who provide veterinary care to pets, horses, and farm animals across the Western Darling Downs region.
Check us out – https://www.knoxvets.com.au/
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Nurse to join our passionate and professional team, acting as a team mentor this is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to have a real impact on the day-to-day success of the clinic.
Your duties will include:
- Providing day-to-day leadership and direction for the nursing/support team to meet clinical needs and workflow requirements.
- Provide mentorship/support to junior nurses in training.
- Assist in the coordination of training for the Nurse and support team.
- Assist in the coordination of student placements.
- Provide support to Clinic Coordinator and Clinical Lead on day-to-day operational matters.
- Meet with suppliers and external stakeholders where required on behalf of the clinical team
- Admitting and discharging patients.
- Monitoring anaesthetised patients.
- Preparing patients for surgery.
- TPR’s and tracking and charting vitals.
- Updating clients on their pet’s progress.
- Administering medication.
- Ad hoc administration duties as required.
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing is essential.
- 4 + years’ experience in a busy vet clinic.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team.
- Mature, confident and respectful approach when communicating with the team, clients and external stakeholders.
- Experience in RxWorks would be advantageous.
- A strong passion and dedication to providing high quality care to all patients.
Why you should apply:
- Full time permanent position.
- Work for an industry leading organisation.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- The numerous benefits of being part of the Apiam Animal Health family include; opportunities for continued professional development plus perks such as discounts from various retail, travel, fitness and health providers.
APPLY TODAY AS OPPORTUNTIES LIKE THIS WILL NOT LAST!