Due to our growth, we have a new position for a full time qualified Veterinary Nurse to join our team at Gympie Veterinary Services.
- Provide effective support to veterinarians in all aspects of veterinary nursing including hospital and surgical nursing.
- For 2-3 days per week your nursing focus will be on the consultation room process:
- Commencing the consultation process – history collection, basic physical examination prior to the veterinarian.
- Supporting the vet during the consult process – collection and processing of diagnostic samples, entry of notes into RxWorks,
- Finalising the consult process – reinforcing information provided by vet, explaining medication and provision of relevant home care notes/advice, invoicing of consult, scheduling revisits and follow up contact.
- Always maintain an excellent level of patient care and customer service, treating every patient with utmost respect and compassion.
- Maintain a consistently high level of organisation and cleanliness in the hospital at all times.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent) and a minimum of 2 years’ clinical experience in a busy companion animal clinic.
- Experience conducting nurse consultations either independently or in tandem with the consulting veterinarian.
- A keen desire to deliver excellent standards of patient care and customer service always.
- High level of general computer literacy. Knowledge of Rx Works is advantageous.
- Ability to work in tandem with the vet in the consult room all day.
- Ability to participate in an on-call and weekend roster (approx. 1 in 6) is essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A genuine love for animals and their people.
Gympie Vet Services is located in Gympie which is ideally located only 2 hours from Brisbane and 30 minutes from Noosa and 45 minutes from Rainbow Beach. The population of the Gympie region is approximately 50,000 people.
Gympie region is considered a wonderful food-producing and tourism destination, where the great outdoors and nature is your playground. With affordable housing, an enviable climate and a range of educational and recreational options, the Gympie region is an ideal place to call home.
Gympie Veterinary Services is proudly part of Apiam Animal Health, and as such is committed to providing the best health outcomes for production and companion animals, the latest innovations in productivity for their owners, and delivering returns for shareholders. We take pride in providing a comprehensive range of medical and surgical services for mixed animals in a friendly and caring environment.
Our clinic houses an in-house laboratory, x-ray, dental equipment (including dental x-ray), anaesthetic monitors as well as access to in-house ultrasonography, orthopaedic and recently adding PDA surgery to our services offered. We provide membership of VNCA and radiation licensing to all our nursing staff and continuing education is encouraged. Our clinic has a large team of veterinarians, nurses and receptionists. Our main clinic is in Gympie and we have a secondary clinic at Tin Can Bay which is open Monday to Friday.