Apiam Animal Health operates a group of practices in rural and regional Australia. We are seeking an experienced Equine Veterinarian for Victorian Equine Group, Bendigo, Victoria to fill a full-time role.
- Undertake consultations for equine clients, including afterhours emergency calls.
- Foster and maintain excellent client relations, dealing with client enquiries willingly and in a timely manner both over the phone and face to face.
- Perform routine equine procedures, including but not limited to routine and non-routine consultations and surgery, equine dentistry, lameness examinations, stud work and be prepared to learn and assist with more complicated procedures.
- Perform routine workup of equine medical cases with logical progression and evidence-based medicine with consideration towards the economic value of animals if required.
- Provide advice within the scope of your knowledge and experience on issues such as nutrition, breeding, and general health.
- Awareness of the scope of your experience and the point at which additional help and expertise is required.
- Maintain and continue to strive for excellence in practice through continuing professional development.
- Conducts professional work at all times involving considerable independence of approach.
- Prescribe and administer medications and anesthesia.
- Perform radiographic procedures.
- Perform pathological testing in accordance with infection control protocols.
- Perform surgical autopsy and euthanasia as required.
- Communicate diagnosis and treatment plans to clients.
- Perform on call duties as required.
- Meet animal health regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Registration with state Veterinary Board.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent degree.
- A minimum of two years’ veterinary experience.
- Current and valid Driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on customer needs.
- Ability to work as a team and independently with all members of staff.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to clearly communicate with staff and clients alike.
- Time management with regard to both punctuality and the ability to complete tasks within the required timeframe.
- Maintain a high standard of presentation, taking pride in one’s personal appearance and the clinic itself.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to a mixed animal practice.
The salary offered will be in the region $65,000 – $80,000, depending upon experience.