Apiam Animal Health operates a group of a practices in rural and regional Australia. We are seeking an experienced Large Animal Veterinarian for Samford Valley Veterinary Hospital QLD to fill a full-time role.
- Undertake consultations for large animal clients, including afterhours emergency calls
- Foster and maintain excellent client relations, dealing with client enquiries willingly and in a timely manner both over the phone and face to face
- Perform routine equine and production animal procedures, including but not limited to routine and non-routine consultations and surgery, equine dentistry, lameness examinations, and be prepared to learn and assist with more complicated procedures
- Perform routine workup of large animal medical cases with logical progression and evidence-based medicine with consideration towards the economic value of production animals if required.
- Provide advice within the scope of your knowledge and experience on issues such as nutrition, breeding, and herd health
- Awareness of the scope of your experience and the point at which additional help and expertise is required
- Maintain and continue to strive for excellence in practice through continuing professional development
- Conducts professional work at all times involving considerable independence of approach
- Prescribe and administer medications and anesthesia
- Perform radiographic procedures
- Perform pathological testing in accordance with infection control protocols
- Perform surgical autopsy and euthanasia as required
- Communicate diagnosis and treatment plans to clients
- Perform on call duties as required
- Provide animal care, food and water as required
- Meet animal health regulatory and legislative requirements
- Registration with state Veterinary Board
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent degree
- A minimum of two years’ veterinary experience
- Current and valid Driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to focus on customer needs
- Ability to work as a team and independently with all members of staff
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to clearly communicate with staff and clients alike.
- Time management with regard to both punctuality and the ability to complete tasks within the required timeframe
- Maintain a high standard of presentation, taking pride in one’s personal appearance and the clinic itself.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to a mixed animal practice
The salary offered will be in the region $75,000 – $85,000, depending upon experience.
If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of our Team please contact us in confidence.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Rankin firstname.lastname@example.org