Apiam Animal Health operates a group of a practices in rural and regional Australia. We are seeking an experienced Large Animal Veterinarian for Samford Valley Veterinary Hospital QLD to fill a full-time role.
- Undertake consultations for large animal clients, including afterhours emergency calls
- Foster and maintain excellent client relations, dealing with client enquiries willingly and in a timely manner both over the phone and face to face
- Perform routine equine and production animal procedures, including but not limited to routine and non-routine consultations and surgery, equine dentistry, lameness examinations, and be prepared to learn and assist with more complicated procedures
- Perform routine workup of large animal medical cases with logical progression and evidence-based medicine with consideration towards the economic value of production animals if required.
- Provide advice within the scope of your knowledge and experience on issues such as nutrition, breeding, and herd health
- Awareness of the scope of your experience and the point at which additional help and expertise is required
- Maintain and continue to strive for excellence in practice through continuing professional development
- Conducts professional work at all times involving considerable independence of approach
- Prescribe and administer medications and anesthesia
- Perform radiographic procedures
- Perform pathological testing in accordance with infection control protocols
- Perform surgical autopsy and euthanasia as required
- Communicate diagnosis and treatment plans to clients
- Perform on call duties as required
- Provide animal care, food and water as required
- Meet animal health regulatory and legislative requirements
- Registration with state Veterinary Board
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent degree
- A minimum of two years’ veterinary experience
- Current and valid Driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to focus on customer needs
- Ability to work as a team and independently with all members of staff
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to clearly communicate with staff and clients alike.
- Time management with regard to both punctuality and the ability to complete tasks within the required timeframe
- Maintain a high standard of presentation, taking pride in one’s personal appearance and the clinic itself.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to a mixed animal practice
The salary offered will be in the region $100,000 – $125,000, depending upon experience.
If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of our Team please contact us in confidence.