Clinic Coordinator – Gippsland Veterinary Hospital
Your new company:
Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is one of the expanding Apiam Animal Health group of regional and rural clinics that are committed to enriching the lives of people and animals in their care and to shaping the future of the veterinary industry.
Gippsland Veterinary Hospital incorporates the main hospital at Maffra, the Sale Veterinary Centre and the purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital. It is a long established busy mixed practice with a large team of 15 vets and 30 support staff.
Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is located in the productive Macalister irrigation district in Maffra, South East Gippsland.
Stretching from Melbourne’s eastern fringe to the New South Wales border, the region boasts some of the most stunning national parks in the state. Some of the most spectacular include Wilsons Promontory at the southernmost tip of the Australian mainland, Victoria’s largest coastal wilderness area Croajingolong National Park – a World Biosphere Reserve of more than 100km – and the Gippsland Lakes, Australia’s biggest and most beautiful expanse of inland waterway.
If you like your food and wine, nature and wildlife, the Gippsland area offers the lot. Like to hit the slopes? We are situated within reach of some excellent snow fields.
Your new role:
We are looking for a Clinic Coordinator to be part of the clinic management team working alongside the Clinical Lead and reporting to the Regional Lead.
Based in Maffra, the Clinic Coordinator is responsible for organizing and coordinating clinic operations and procedures to ensure clinic effectiveness and efficiency. This includes maintaining practice services, supervising practice staff and maintaining practice records.
This is a fixed term contract position to cover parental leave. There is potential opportunity for the position to become permanent.
- Predominantly, your role will be centred around managing people and teams.
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the veterinary practice under broad guidance or direction from the Regional Lead and in collaboration with the Clinical Lead, ensuring high standards of customer service and patient care.
- Manage the administrative team and oversee payroll administration processes including leave management.
- Implementation of software processes and new procedures within the clinic.
- Manage the clinic administration, nursing and technician teams and monitor quality of work produced.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and quality standards for all practice operations.
- Management of banking and reconciliations, and preparation of all financial reports for management group.
- Establish effective debt management processes to ensure timely payment of accounts.
- Coordinate and lead strategic and business planning to improve the practice’s financial outcomes including delivery of marketing and advertising.
- Ensure rostering is completed in a timely manner and communicated to staff.
- You must be a genuinely motivated and enthusiastic person who, by example, creates and contributes to an amazingly positive workplace culture.
- You build rapport with people easily and you enjoy managing people.
- You will thrive in a busy and sometimes chaotic environment filled with many different personalities.
- You are highly organized and can work autonomously as well as collaboratively with your teams.
- You love the challenge of leading people through change.
- You are looking for the next step in advancing your career, not just a job.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing people and building successful teams is our key priority.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management or supervisory position within a service delivery or hospitality environment is essential.
- Previous business management experience highly desirable.
- Experience within a veterinary business is advantageous but not essential.
- Competent user of MS Office programs and databases.
For more information about this role and to obtain the full position description please contact Leisa Denaro 0437 293 046 or email@example.com
Submit your application including a Cover Letter addressing the key criteria and your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 3rd May 2019. Apiam reserves the right to close the recruitment process earlier than advertised.
|Job Industry||Veterinary & Production Services, Veterinary Administration|