Gympie Veterinary Services seeks an experienced Veterinarian for their growing Companion Animal team.
One of our experienced small animal veterinarians is moving to a new role helping to upskill Apiam’s recent graduates. As such, we need an experienced vet to help fill his shoes!
- 100% Companion Animals
- The role will encompass all aspects of small animal practice including consulting and surgery in a very busy clinic.
- You will work up complex medical cases like a pro and be prepared to take the extra step in surgery.
- You will see dozens of trauma cases, dog fights, dingo mauling, snake bites, tick paralysis and poisonings.
- We also vaccinate cute puppies and kittens! You need to be able to handle it all! We have plenty of experience to support you when needed.
We aim for a high standard. We have all the expected toys like Digital Radiography (diagnostic and dental); In house Lab including CBC, Biochem, Blood gases, Coagulation; We run 4 anaesthetic machines, sometimes all at once; We have endoscopy, ultrasound, oxygen cages, isolation ward and loads of surgery cages.
We are able to perform most procedures in-house. We refer very complex orthopaedics, difficult ophthalmology, PSS surgery, CT and MRI cases and not much else.
- We have a great big team (over 35 staff) with lots of personalities.
- You can be certain that everyone is here for the right reason – we love our patients and want the best for them.
- Our vets have experience ranging from 2 years to 20+ years.
- We work together well and encourage collaboration
- Our nurses are awesome and will line up to perform venipuncture, place catheters, run bloods and take radiographs.
- We have dedicated receptionists who we can’t live without.
- We are a progressive clinic and our nurses and vets participate in Apiam’s Veterinary Services and Nurse Advisory Committees.
- Our clients come from every socioeconomic background and we offer a range of services that help care for their beloved pets.
- We live and work in a beautiful region. Within an hour of beaches, National Parks, Noosa and the Sunshine Coast and 2 hours to Brisbane. We are surrounded by picturesque countryside with trails for hikers, bikers or horse riders.
- If you are a fitness freak there are plenty of gyms and pools.
- If it’s food and entertainment you want, there’s the cinema, lots of great restaurants and cafes and a great array of regional farm gate producers on the Hinterland food trails. All your shopping needs are catered for too.
- Real Estate is affordable (for now!).
- There are 4 high schools and about a dozen primary schools to choose from.
- Your time wasted in the car commuting to work will be next to zero.
- Experienced small animal vet – ideally with a surgery interest; other special interests will be supported.
- Enthusiastic attitude, someone who sets the bar high and is committed to getting there.
- You take responsibility for your case load and are prepared to pitch in on a big day.
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for the clients.
Summary of Best Bits:
- Real varied Veterinary work – you won’t be bored.
- Ability to work up cases thoroughly with good equipment and experienced team members
- No limits to your goals
Summary of Worst Bits
- After hours – no you can’t avoid it. You will only need to do 1 night per week (until 10pm) and 1 weekend per month (Fri, Sat, Sun nights). We have made this more bearable by referring to an after-hours emergency centre after 10pm.
- Commuting from a distance doesn’t work – we need you to live in the Gympie district (not really a “worst bit”!)
What we promise:
- We won’t ask you to do ridiculous shifts; we actively work to manage a healthy work-life balance
- An enticing salary package well above award for the right person as well as support for your continuing education interests, 4 weeks annual leave, paid volunteer leave, parental leave, 1 week conference leave and allowances, after hours bonuses plus many other corporate level discounts and benefits that come with being part of the Apiam family.
- A guarantee that you will never be bored, that you can learn something new daily
- Genuine learning and career growth opportunities and mentoring within Apiam’s experienced network.
If you would like to speak to one of the companion animal vets in the Gympie team, please contact Leisa Denaro in the first instance. Ph 0437 293 046.
To apply, email to Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a Cover Letter, your CV with referees and a paragraph telling us how you will contribute to our team.
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|