The small animal and equine side of Kyabram Veterinary Clinic is growing so a rare opportunity now exists for a veterinarian to join our well-respected team.
Kyabram Veterinary Clinic is a true mixed practice. There is a loyal and growing small animal clientele and an expanding number of equine clients. Our cattle vets service an extensive dairy community.
The clinic strives to consistently maintain the best practice procedures that we have in place and our culture is to build and share skills in a positive and enjoyable work environment.
This position would suit a vet who wants to work in a supportive progressive 10 vet team that delivers high calibre diagnostics and treatment to loyal clients. Due to the untapped potential in the area, our plan is to further develop and expand our equine services in the region. We need an enthusiastic vet to help us do this.
Currently the equine work is a mix of pleasure, performance and reproduction work with both standardbred and thoroughbred training and breeding facilities. Apiam also has equine hospitals in Gippsland and South West Victoria so there are many opportunities for your development.
Your role will be approximately 50% companion animals and 50% equine. Should you lean more toward equine, we can facilitate this.
- If you have a mixed practice background and now wish to focus on helping to build our companion and equine service range, this position is for you.
- 9 day fortnight with flexibility required to accommodate work during the stud season.
- The practice is well equipped with all expected gear to practice at a high level. We have access to a CT scanner and referral surgery at our Bendigo practice.
- Great mentoring and support is assured with our dedicated equine veterinarian having over 20 years’ experience and our companion animal vets with over 40 years between them.
- Established small animal and equine skills and keen to further develop them to a high level.
- You have a pleasant bedside manner and display empathy. You take a personalized approach to both the clients and the individual patients.
- Special interest in equine dentistry is advantageous.
- Some experience in equine reproduction is beneficial but not essential.
- EVA Membership.
Some of the many benefits of being part of our team include:
- Continuing education is strongly encouraged and assistance with fees is provided.
- Vets are provided with a mobile phone and fully equipped work vehicle
- Paid AVA and VSB membership
- 2 days paid volunteer leave per year in addition to CE leave and usual annual leave
- Many corporate rates and discounts with various retail, travel, fitness, health services as well as staff clinic discount and Hills Pet discount
- Plenty of career path opportunities within our group
Kyabram is located in a large rural centre in the middle of a rich irrigation district in the Goulburn River Valley and offers a wide range of sporting and social activities. The Murray River and all its attractions are just a short drive away. Melbourne is only 2.5 hours’ drive.
This is an amazing opportunity to focus on your companion and equine skills whilst still interacting with a large team of experienced mixed practice vets in a community-focused town.
“Kyabram Veterinary Clinic is an exceptional place to work. The vets and support staff at KVC pride themselves on a great team environment and a high standard of care, the clinic facilities are unreal, and clientele are incredibly friendly and conscientious. I have loved my 3 years as part of the KVC team and could not have hoped for a better start to my veterinary career.” Dr Lucy Collins BSc (Ag), DVM
For more information on this role please contact Dr Ben Schulz 0439346 071
To apply for the role please email your CV with a covering letter addressing the key criteira to email@example.com
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|