A new full time position has become available for an experienced equine / companion animal veterinarian to join Gippsland Veterinary Hospital.
With an anticipated start date of early February 2020, you will join a busy mixed practice with 14 vets and 30 support staff based in the heart of the always green and productive Macalister irrigation district in Maffra, south east Gippsland.
Our long-established practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital.
We provide a high standard of service and can diagnose and treat most things in-house due to the quality equipment and extensive experience amongst our vets. We refer very little.
We need an experienced equine vet to take charge of the Equine Hospital and provide some support to the small animal team. The position will be approximately 80-90% Equine work and 10-20% small animals.
You will work in a fully equipped hospital with most of the latest equipment including Idexx laboratory, ultrasonography, endoscopy, full equine surgery, dentistry and repro facilities.
We treat all routine medical and surgical cases as well as provide artificial breeding programs, mare and foal management. We are equipped to undertake colic surgery and arthroscopy.
The case load is predominantly pleasure and competition horses and there is scope to develop the thoroughbred racing work.
The position is full time 9-day fortnight with a share of 1 in 5 on-call.
- Degree in Veterinary Science, able to be registered in Victoria.
- Minimum 3 years’ equine-focused clinical experience.
- If you have a special interest or area of advanced training, that is very advantageous.
- Enthusiastic attitude, someone who sets the bar high and is committed to getting there through exceptional teamwork.
- You take responsibility for your case load and are enthusiastic about developing the junior equine-focused vets.
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for the clients
- If you like your food and wine, nature and wildlife, the Gippsland area offers the lot.
- Stretching from Melbourne’s eastern fringe to the New South Wales border, the region boasts some of the most stunning national parks in the state. Some of the most spectacular include Wilsons Promontory at the southernmost tip of the Australian mainland, Victoria’s largest coastal wilderness area Croajingolong National Park – a World Biosphere Reserve of more than 100km – and the Gippsland Lakes, Australia’s biggest and most beautiful expanse of inland waterway.
- Like to hit the slopes? We are situated very close to the excellent snow fields of Mount Hotham.
- We offer a competitive salary package along with the many benefits that come with being a part of the Apiam family of rural mixed practices.
- Included is paid AVA membership, VSB registration fees, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week CE leave, after hours bonuses, work vehicle.
- We have a genuine interest in investing in your continuing professional development and supporting your area of special interest.
For more information and to apply:
For more information please contact Dr Duncan Runciman Ph 0408 053 056
Please email your CV with references and a cover letter addressing the key criteria to email@example.com
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|