- Design your own mix! We are prepared to tailor this role to suit your skills and interests and to give you job satisfaction.
- It could be 100% companion animals, 100% cattle or horses or a mix of everything. If you want to help build the equine side of the practice whilst still doing some small animal work then we would welcome this. If you are keen to take responsibility for managing and driving the growth of our branch practice at Tin Can Bay, bring us a proposal!
- Gympie Vet Services is a busy long established and still growing mixed practice. This is not a “jab and go” clinic; You will work up complex medical cases like a pro and be prepared to take the extra step in surgery.
- Our large animal work takes us within a couple of hundred kilometre radius – we see beef and dairy cattle, horses and some small ruminants.
- You will see dozens of trauma cases, dog fights, dingo mauling, snake bites, tick paralysis and poisonings. This is not a laid back job for someone to vaccinate, spey and refer off the tricky stuff.
- We aim for a high standard. We have all the expected toys like Digital Radiography (diagnostic and dental); In house Lab including CBC, Biochem, Blood gases, Coagulation; We run 4 anaesthetic machines, sometimes all at once; We have endoscopy, ultrasound, oxygen cages, isolation cages and loads of surgery cages.
- We have onsite large animal facilities.
- We only refer very complex orthopaedics, difficult ophthalmology, PSS surgery, CT and MRI cases and not much else.
- We have a great big team (over 35 staff) with lots of personalities.
- You can be certain that everyone is here for the right reason – we love our patients and want the best for them.
- We work together well and encourage collaboration
- We have vets with experience ranging from 1 year to 25+ years
- Our nurses are awesome and will line up to perform venipuncture, place catheters, run bloods and take radiographs.
- We have dedicated receptionists who we can’t live without.
- Our clients come from every socioeconomic background. Some book in for every itch and scratch, some only when a limb has fallen off! Some won’t spend $50 but plenty will draw down their mortgage for their beloved pets.
- The region is great. Within an hour of beaches, National Parks, Noosa and the Sunshine Coast and 2 hours to Brisbane. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside with trails for hikers, bikers or horse riders.
- If you are a fitness freak there are plenty of gyms and pools;
- If it’s food and entertainment you want, there’s the cinema, lots of great restaurants and cafes and a great array of regional farm gate producers on the Hinterland food trails. All your shopping needs are catered for too.
- Real Estate is affordable (for now!).
- There are 4 high schools and about a dozen primary schools to choose from.
- Your time wasted in the car commuting to work will be next to zero.
- Experienced vet – if you have great ultrasound skills, or another special interest, that’s advantageous
- Enthusiastic attitude, someone who sets the bar high and is committed to getting there
- You take responsibility for your case load and are prepared to pitch in on a big day
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for the clients
- You acknowledge the job can sometimes be stressful with tough choices to make and it can be tiring – you have strategies to manage this
- We will consider exceptional new graduates who wish to focus on small animal practice.
Summary of Best Bits:
- Real Veterinary work
- Ability to work up cases thoroughly with good equipment and experienced team members
- No limits to your goals
Summary of Worst Bits
- After hours – no you can’t avoid it. 1 night per week and 1 weekend per month (Fri, Sat, Sun nights)
- Commuting from a distance doesn’t work – we need you to live in the Gympie district (this isn’t really a “worst bit”!)
What we promise:
- A 45 hour week – We won’t ask you to do ridiculous shifts; we actively work to manage a healthy work-life balance
- An enticing salary package well above award for the right person including support for your continuing education interests, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week conference leave and allowances, after hours bonuses.
- A guarantee that you will never be bored, that you can learn something new daily
- A rewarding career not just a job
- Genuine support and mentoring for recent grads via Apiam’s Graduate Development Program
Send your application to Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a Cover Letter, your CV with referees and a paragraph telling us what you will bring to our team.
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|