The Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is looking for an experienced Veterinary Nurse to be part of their busy clinic team.
This long-established mixed practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital. We have a great client base consisting of progressive dairy and beef farmers and an ever-expanding population of dedicated equine and small animal owners that trust us with the care of their animals.
Your new role
In this busy and challenging role, you will join a team of 14 vets and 30 support staff. You will be responsible for supporting the veterinarians in providing the highest level of treatment and care for patients.
Your responsibilities and duties across the clinic will include:
- Assisting Veterinarians during consultations, examinations and treatments
- Assisting with surgery preparations and monitoring anaesthesia
- Nursing hospitalised animals, administer treatments and medications
- Providing veterinary nursing care and support to clients
- Clinic administration including coordinating admissions, maintaining client records and maintaining stock control
- Following WHS policies and procedures in an animal care environment.
The successful applicant will meet the following key criteria:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a veterinary nurse in a similar role
- Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing preferred or currently be enrolled and working towards completion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to build good rapport with clients, your colleagues and managers.
- Ability to follow instructions and adapt to changing conditions throughout the day
- Have good awareness of team workload and be able to anticipate needs of others
- Attention to detail
For more information about the Gippsland Veterinary Hospital please view our website at www.maffravet.com.au.
How to apply
To apply for this role please email your cover letter, addressing the key criteria above with your resume including referees to the People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 22 OCTOBER 2018
|Job Industry||Veterinary & Production Services, Veterinary Nurse|