Smithton Veterinary Services is looking for an experienced Cert 4 Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and professional team.
We are a busy mixed-practice vet clinic with dedicated reception staff, vet nurses and 5 veterinarians. The recently renovated clinic is located centrally in Smithton in a progressive and intensive farming district. It is equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, orthopaedic gear, anaesthetic monitoring and in-house lab equipment for both small and large animals. Large animal facilities include on site equine stables and yards.
This is a permanent full time senior nurse position. Shifts are rostered Monday through Friday with no weekend or on-call requirement.
General duties will include:
- Assisting vets during small animal examinations and treatments
- Admitting and discharging surgical patients and communicating with clients
- Monitoring anaesthetic procedures and patient recoveries
- Conducting minor procedures when required
- Nursing hospitalised animals and administering medications
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment including kennels, surgery and treatment areas
- Supervision of junior veterinary nurses and animal attendants.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Cert 4 or equivalent qualification with minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience in a mixed practice environment. This is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build rapport with both clients and colleagues
- A proactive, enthusiastic approach and be an outstanding team player who is willing to train and mentor junior staff
- Commitment to delivering the best outcomes for your patients
Remuneration is dependent on experience and skills that you can bring to our team. In addition you will receive all of the benefits of being a part of the Apiam family.
Smithton is in the Circular Head district on the North West coast of Tasmania in the heart of Tasmania’s most intensive dairying and beef area. Along with Tasmania’s relaxed lifestyle, Smithton and its surrounds offers a wide range of leisure and sporting activities. Iconic Cradle Mountain, many other national parks and magnificent coastal scenery are all within close proximity.
For more information on the role, please contact Norma Bishop, Clinic Coordinator on (03) 6452 6333
To apply, email your Cover Letter and CV to Dr Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 28 June 2019
|Job Industry||Veterinary & Production Services, Veterinary Nurse|