Fur Life Vet, Bendigo offers companion animal General Practice, Emergency & Critical Care, and visiting Specialist services.
We require a qualified and experienced Veterinary Nurse to join the team
About the Role:
We have 2 positions available – one full time and one casual.
Your responsibilities and duties across the three clinic locations in Bendigo will include:
- Assisting Veterinarians during consultations, examinations and treatments.
- Triage of emergency patients.
- Assisting with surgery preparations and monitoring anaesthesia.
- Nursing hospitalised animals, administering treatments and medications.
- Providing veterinary nursing care and grief support to clients.
- Clinic administration including admissions, client records and maintaining stock control.
- Following WHS policies and procedures in an animal care environment.
- Shifts may be at Passionate Vet Care, Fur Life Vet Epsom and Fur Life Vet Golden Square
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing or Vet Technician qualification essential.
- Area of special interest or further training e.g. behaviour, dermatology is advantageous.
- Some practical experience with dentistry is advantageous.
- Dynamic outgoing person who loves speaking with and educating clients.
- You believe in and have the confidence to perform nurse consultations and to recommend gold standard care.
- You need to be able to fit in well with our existing team as well as being able to manage your time independently.
- You will have demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- Above all, you will have a great sense of humour, not take yourself too seriously and be someone who helps make your workplace a fun enjoyable place to be.
- Great facilities, new equipment, lots of toys including CT scanner, full surgical suite, in house laboratory, digital radiology, ultrasound, dental suite.
- The opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills in your area of interest.
- Paid professional association membership.
- Paid volunteer leave.
- An employee assistance program.
- Great location in Bendigo which offers all the services expected of a large regional centre including a vibrant food, wine and arts scene and only 1.5 hours from Melbourne.
- Many benefits and discounts with retail, travel, fitness and health that come with being a part of the Apiam family.
Check us out at https://www.furlifevet.com.au/epsom/
For more information and to apply, please email your CV with a cover letter addressing the key criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Industry||Veterinary & Production Services, Veterinary Nurse|