Mixed / Equine Vets…new position vacant at Gippsland Veterinary Hospital and Gippsland Equine Hospital.
Your new team…
The Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is a busy mixed practice with 14 vets (some are production animal vets, some mixed, some small animal only) and 30 support staff based in the heart of the always green and productive Macalister irrigation district in Maffra, south east Gippsland.
Our long-established practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital. We have a great client base of progressive dairy and beef farmers and an ever-expanding population of dedicated equine and small animal owners that trust us with the care of their animals.
We provide a high standard of service and can diagnose and treat most things in-house due to the quality equipment and extensive experience amongst our vets. We refer very little.
Your new career…
We can tailor the mix of work to suit your interest.
Ideally, we would like an experienced vet with an equine focus to do 70% equine work and 30% either large or small or both!
If you are a recent graduate and would like to further develop your equine skills your mix could be 60-70% equine and 30% small animals.
This position will also suit a new grad who, in order to establish your skills across all species, would initially expect to do 60-70% small animal and 30% large animal work.
- You will work in a fully equipped hospital with most of the latest equipment including Idexx laboratory, ultrasonography, progesterone, full equine surgery facilities and dental set up, cattle ultrasound, teat sealer trailer, mobile crush, bull testing equipment and much more
- This is not a “jab and go” clinic; You will work up complex medical cases like a pro and be prepared to take the extra step in surgery.
- After hours is shared amongst the large team of vets.
- If you have a special interest or area of advanced training, that is very advantageous.
- Enthusiastic attitude, someone who sets the bar high and is committed to getting there through exceptional teamwork.
- You take responsibility for your case load and are prepared to pitch in on a big day
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for the clients
- If you like your food and wine, nature and wildlife, the Gippsland area offers the lot.
- Stretching from Melbourne’s eastern fringe to the New South Wales border, the region boasts some of the most stunning national parks in the state. Some of the most spectacular include Wilsons Promontory at the southernmost tip of the Australian mainland, Victoria’s largest coastal wilderness area Croajingolong National Park – a World Biosphere Reserve of more than 100km – and the Gippsland Lakes, Australia’s biggest and most beautiful expanse of inland waterway.
- Like to hit the slopes? We are situated very close to the excellent snow fields of Mount Hotham.
- We offer a competitive salary package along with the many benefits that come with being a part of the Apiam family of rural mixed practices.
- Included is paid AVA membership, VSB registration fees, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week CE leave, after hours bonuses, work vehicle for mixed position.
- We have a genuine interest in investing in your continuing professional development and supporting your area of special interest.
For more information and to apply:
Please email your CV with references and a cover letter addressing the key criteria above. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|