Lead Veterinarian – Dubbo Veterinary Hospital
Apiam Animal Health is looking for an experienced veterinarian with exceptional people skills to lead the team at Dubbo Veterinary Hospital. This role is a great opportunity to advance your career by driving the growth of veterinary services at this hospital.
Dubbo Veterinary Hospital is a mixed (80% companion animals) veterinary practice with a team of veterinarians experienced in the small animal, bovine, ovine, caprine and porcine industries. The clinic has all the expected equipment including in house lab, digital radiography, ultrasound, orthopaedic surgery equipment and more.
We also operate in close association with Apiam Genetic Services with experience in leading reproduction technologies for the canine, ovine, caprine and bovine sectors. The Dubbo facility has recently gained EU accreditation.
This role is for a highly motivated individual, operating primarily in a rapidly growing small animal hospital but with a willingness to engage in other livestock industries. You will be able to build strong relationships both with your team and with our clients. The role would suit someone who excels at mentoring, has good organisational skills and chooses to lead with care and compassion. We want someone who will enthusiastically help us grow and develop the potential in this practice.
Opportunities for continuing your professional development both formally and informally are well supported.
An enticing package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 1 week of paid CE leave
- In-house leadership training and Mentorship training
- Work vehicle
- Paid AVA membership and VSB registration
- A multitude of offers and discounts unique to Apiam employees
If you are a passionate motivated veterinarian who has……
- A degree in Veterinary Science able to be registered in NSW
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience
- Passion for best practice companion animal medicine and surgery
- Mixed practice and/or genetics experience highly advantageous
- ANZCVS Membership qualifications (or working towards it) preferred.
- Experience or ready to step up to leading and managing a small team
- Enthusiasm about joining a growing company and contributing to an enjoyable workplace
……..then we would love to hear from you!
Dubbo is a dynamic regional centre that offers a refreshing mix of urban and rural cultures, with affordable housing, all the services expected of a large regional centre and direct 1 hour flights to Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne.
For more information and to apply for the position please email your covering letter and resume to:
Recruitment Consultant, Dr Leisa Denaro
Applications close 11 January 2019.
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|