Quirindi Veterinary Clinic seeks a Senior Mixed Practice Veterinarian to lead our small, friendly and very capable team.
At Apiam Animal Health we strive to enrich the lives of people and animals in our care. Through leadership, expertise, innovation and collaboration we deliver solutions to meet the needs of our customers and shape the future of our industry.
We are seeking a like-minded Senior Veterinarian to lead our team at Quirindi, NSW.
- A veterinarian with 5+ years’ experience with all routine companion animal, cattle and horse work.
- A capable, down-to-earth vet who wants to be an integral part of our small team and this friendly rural community.
- An enthusiastic and energetic approach to leadership.
- A vet who loves your job and can bring positive enthusiasm along with your ability to share your knowledge and experience.
- A desire to keep learning and help us bring new skills to the practice whilst enthusiastically mentoring our 3 recently graduated vets.
- This is a “hands-on” clinical role working in a team of 3 other vets and 5 support staff.
- 65% small animal, 30% beef cattle including local feedlots, 5% horses. If you have an interest in horses, there is huge potential to expand our footprint in this region with plentiful performance and pleasure horses as well as breeding establishments.
- You will join the local clinic management team, responsible for all clinical operations. You will be supported in your role by the highly skilled and motivated Clinic Coordinator and the experienced nursing team, the Regional Lead and Apiam’s Business Support Network.
- You will be enthusiastic about mentoring and training veterinary associates, new graduates and support staff and will be encouraging and supportive of vet students on placement in the clinic.
- You will be replacing our senior lead vet who is one of Apiam’s highly experienced feedlot consultants who is remaining in the district and moving to 100% feedlot work. He will provide support and assistance to you for an initial settling in period.
- We have all the expected modern facilities and equipment including in-house lab, digital x-ray, 2 x BCF Easi-Scan bovine ultrasounds plus small animal ultrasound, surgical gear, equine dental trailer, stocks for mare reproduction work.
- Clinic hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am – 12pm Saturday.
- Shared weekends and after hours 1:4.
- Veterinary degree that can be registered in Australia.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to support and mentor junior veterinarians in your team.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with your skills and experience.
- Fully equipped work vehicle.
- Paid AVA membership and VSB registration.
- Paid Parental Leave and paid volunteer leave.
- Genuine support for continuing education. If you have an area of special interest that you wish to pursue, we will invest in you.
- In addition, we offer many extra perks and benefits that come with being a part of the Apiam Animal Health family of mixed rural and regional practices.
- Assistance with visa sponsorship and relocation for suitable applicants.
We cover Quirindi, Tamworth, Murrurundi, Nundle and the wider Liverpool Plains area. Quirindi is on the NSW North West Slopes and is the Gateway to the North West. It’s a medium sized rural centre surrounded by rich agricultural and pastoral properties. We are 45 minutes from Tamworth, under 3 hours from Newcastle and 3.5 hours to the outskirts of Sydney.
As part of Apiam Animal Health – Australia’s largest rural and production animal veterinary group – we can offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Apiam’s clinics are in the heartlands of Australia’s dairy, beef feedlot and pig regions, and include several significant companion animal clinics including a new referral hospital in Bendigo. Opportunities across our clinics are encouraged, and we offer industry-leading internal training and support for continuing education.
Check us out www.quirindivetclinic.com.au and on www.facebook.com/QuirindiVetClinic/
For the Position Description and more information on this role please contact Leisa Denaro on 0437 293 046, David Frith on 0428 852 319 or Brett Hall on 0436 430 258.
To apply for this role please email your resume and covering letter addressing the key criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 24 January 2020.
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|