The Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is looking for an experienced Senior Veterinary Nurse to be part of their busy clinic team.
This long-established mixed practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital. We have a great client base consisting of progressive dairy and beef farmers and an ever-expanding population of dedicated equine and small animal owners that trust us with the care of their animals.
Your new role
In this busy and challenging role, you will join a team of 14 vets and 30 support staff. The Senior Veterinary Nurse is responsible for supporting the veterinarians in providing the highest level of treatment and care for patients. This role is also responsible for training and supervision of other veterinary nursing staff.
Your responsibilities and duties across the clinic will include:
- Undertaking routine clinic nursing operations
- Supervision and direction of daily activities of nursing staff
- Follow and ensure compliance with Work Health and Safety policies
- Administration tasks
- Clinic hygiene
- Participation in a 1:4 on call duty roster.
The successful applicant will meet the following key criteria:
- Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing with a minimum of 4 years veterinary nurse experience.
- Experience in emergency care
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to build good rapport with clients, your colleagues and managers.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions throughout the day and prioritise workflow.
- Have good awareness of team workload and be able to anticipate needs of others
- Attention to detail
For more information about the Gippsland Veterinary Hospital please view our website at www.maffravet.com.au.
How to apply
For a full Position Description and to apply for this role please email your cover letter, addressing the key criteria above with your resume including referees to the People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 30 November, 2018
|Job Industry||Veterinary & Production Services, Veterinary Nurse|