Your new team…
The Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is a busy mixed practice with 14 vets and 30 support staff based in the heart of the always green and productive Macalister irrigation district in, Maffra, south east Gippsland.
Our long-established practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose built Gippsland Equine Hospital. We have a great client base of progressive dairy and beef farmers and an ever-expanding population of dedicated equine and small animal owners that trust us with the care of their animals.
Your new career…
To be successful, you will be capable of providing mixed animal veterinary services to a high standard. You will be confident and capable in all aspects of routine mixed animal practice under the direction of the senior veterinarian.
You will have access to a fully equipped hospital with most of the latest equipment including an in house laboratory: ultrasonography, an Idexx machine and a progesterone testing machine. Our equine hospital is purpose built with full surgery facilities and an equine dental float. For large animals we offer cattle ultrasound, a teat sealer trailer, a mobile crush and bull testing equipment and much more. After hours is shared between you and 14 other vets.
You will require…
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent degree which is registered in Australia
- 3-5 years’ experience in a mixed animal practice is preferred but not essential
- Ability to undertake after hours veterinary services with large animals
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to build great rapport with your team members and your clients.
- A passion for herd health management and the drive to manage all of your cases to the highest level of care.
- Current and valid Australian Driver’s licence
Benefits and culture
At Apiam Animal Health we value our employees and provide a number of additional support services for our employees including paid AVA membership, VSB registration and access to the Employee Assistance Program. You will have a work vehicle provided and maintained by the company.
All staff at the practice are supported by a friendly team of experienced veterinarians and helpful and experienced nursing staff. Professional peer support and continued education are strongly encouraged and supported.
|Job Industry||Veterinarian, Veterinary & Production Services|