Fur Life Vet, Bendigo is a new state of the art facility offering companion animal General Practice, Emergency & Critical Care, and visiting Specialist services.
We require a qualified and experienced Veterinary Nurse to join the team
About the Role
This is a full-time position, rostered across 7 days.
Your responsibilities and duties across the clinic will include:
- Assisting Veterinarians during consultations, examinations and treatments
- Triage of emergency patients
- Assisting with surgery preparations and monitoring anaesthesia
- Nursing hospitalised animals, administering treatments and medications
- Providing veterinary nursing care and grief support to clients
- Clinic administration including admissions, client records and maintaining stock control
- Following WHS policies and procedures in an animal care environment.
- Meet animal health regulatory and legislative requirements
- Assisting with training and development of junior nurses
- Based approximately 80% at our Epsom clinic with some shifts at our supporting clinics in Bendigo.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing or Vet Technician qualification essential.
- Diploma of Vet Nursing advantageous
- Experience in Emergency & Critical Care is advantageous
- Area of special interest or further training e.g. behaviour, dentistry is advantageous
- Dynamic outgoing person who loves speaking with and educating clients
- You believe in and have the confidence to recommend gold standard care
- You are motivated to help drive the growth of the practice and its programs
- Willing to help train and mentor junior nurses
What we Offer
- New facility, new equipment, lots of toys including CT scanner, full surgical suite, in house laboratory, digital radiology, ultrasound, dental suite
- The opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills
- Paid professional association membership
- Paid volunteer leave.
- An employee assistance program
- Great location in Bendigo which offers all the services expected of a large regional centre including a vibrant food, wine and arts scene and only 1.5 hours from Melbourne.
- The benefit of many corporate discounts with retail, travel, fitness and health
Check us out at https://www.furlifevet.com.au/epsom/
For more information and to apply, please email your CV with a cover letter addressing the key criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Industry||Veterinary & Production Services, Veterinary Nurse|