Like working with cattle, horses, small ruminants?
Enjoy being out on the road?
Love warmth and sunshine in a regional location close to coast and capital city?
Apiam Animal Health is seeking a LARGE ANIMAL VETERINARIAN for ambulatory work in the Fraser Coast and Gympie districts.
- This is a newly created role to assist us with growth in a very large area with an untapped potential of clients who would greatly value having a local large animal veterinarian.
- Full time 38 hours per week – how this is rostered can be flexible e.g., 4 days per week, 9 days per fortnight.
- The mix is approximately 30% beef cattle, 60% equine, 10% sheep/goat/alpaca.
- The livestock clients are commercial and stud beef clients plus hobby farm and small holdings.
- Plenty of bull testing and preg testing if you are capable. If you are working towards upskilling and/or BBSE and PregCheck accreditation, then we have the numbers and the examiners to help you.
- Horses are a mix of companion, pony clubbers, quarter and stock horses, some equine stud work but not essential.
- If you prefer some small animal work in the mix, this can be accommodated.
- Our large animal vets service clients from Gympie up to north of Childers, all points east, and west to Biggenden and Kilkivan.
- We have clinics at Maryborough, Childers, Gympie and branches at Howard and Tin Can Bay.
- Ideally you would be based at the Childers clinic however other locations will be considered.
- Choose your lifestyle…coast or country…Options to suit families and singles include Childers, Howard, Tiaro, Burrum Heads, Toogum, Maryborough, Hervey Bay.
- There’s no better climate to be a large animal vet than in our beautiful part of Queensland!
- Depending on where you are based, Brisbane is about 3 hours drive, 2 hours to the fantastic Sunshine Coast Beaches, less than an hour to the Fraser Coast and Hervey Bay, plus the beautiful hinterland and all it has to offer is so close.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mixed or large animal-focused practice.
- Your ability to communicate well with large animal clients and build a great rapport with farmers is very important to us.
- You enjoy being out on the road, don’t mind a decent drive in the country and can manage your time effectively.
- Despite being out working solo all day, you are enthusiastic about connecting in with and being a part of your local and regional teams.
- Most importantly we seek a caring professional who fits well with our team of really nice people who look out for each other and genuinely support each other.
- Base salary is dependent on your skills and experience. Expect a starting point of $90,000 plus super.
- A full equipped vehicle is provided.
- Work mobile phone provided.
- AVA membership, VSB registration, VIN, CVE, Plumbs App and Journal subscriptions
- Many other benefits that come with being part of the Apiam Animal Health family of rural and regional clinics.
If this ticks some boxes for you and you’d like to know more, please get in touch for a confidential chat.