MIXED OR COMPANION ANIMAL VETERINARIAN REQUIRED
Don Crosby Veterinary Surgeons is a long established 6-vet mixed practice operating out of two fully equipped hospitals in Dubbo and Narromine.
We are a large busy practice, established for almost 20 years, that prides itself on having a great relationship with clients, customer satisfaction and going above and beyond for patient care.
Ideally, we would like an experienced vet however this position will also suit a motivated recent graduate who wants to come to a large rural regional centre and be exposed to a large variety of mixed practice cases.
- We work a 4 day week with a rotating weekly RDO and a shared on-call roster.
- After a weekend on duty you will have a 4 day or a 5 day weekend off.
- The mix of work is approximately 70% companion and 30% large animal.
- Experienced vets seeking a senior role, please see here for more info: apiam.com.au/dubbo-careers
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary (plus super) depends on your skills and experience however a vet with over 5 years’ mixed experience can expect upwards of $110,000; a vet with 5 years’ experience $90-110,000 and a recently graduated vet can expect $80-90,000.
- + $5,000 relocation assistance and we will pay for your first 6 months’ rent.
- 4 return flights to Sydney per year.
- Phone and work vehicle provided.
- 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week of CE leave plus annual allowance, 2 days paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave
- AVA membership and VSB registration paid plus VIN membership, CVE practice membership, On-line journal and text library, Plumbs App subscription and many more benefits.
- Check out the fabulous Dubbo Zoo on us with a Deluxe Experience Weekend Stay!
- We are an approved and accredited visa sponsor and welcome applications from suitably qualified overseas candidates.
Our Facilities & Services:
Our practice is the only one in Dubbo providing services for cattle. We also have an expanding equine client base. For companion animals we offer a high standard of care by providing extensive medical and surgical facilities:
- Digital radiography in 2 locations
- Ultrasound for large and small animals – 3 machines with all probe sizes
- Endoscopes including a bronchoscope
- Rigid Rhinoscope
- iM3 Elite Dental station and iM3 Dental Xray in both locations
- Multi-parameter anaesthetic monitoring
- In house blood machines, Idexx Catalyst and Procyte plus Coag and urine analyser
- i-Stat blood gas monitor
- Small Animal Orthopaedics
- Separate dog/cat hospital wards, isolation, diagnostic room and dog runs
- Equine facilities including horse stocks, powerfloat
- Mare Reproduction
- Cattle Pregnancy Testing
- Bull Semen Evaluation
Team members are not only chosen for their technical skills, knowledge and enthusiasm, but also for their personality creating a friendly and professional atmosphere.
Vets are encouraged to pursue particular interests and engage in continuing education every year.
We have a large team of experienced nurses and receptionists to make your life easier. Our permanent nursing staff are fully qualified and are engaged in the treatment and care of patients. They attend conferences and seminars throughout the year.
As part of Apiam Animal Health – Australia’s largest rural and production animal veterinary group – we offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Apiam’s clinics are in the heartlands of Australia’s dairy, beef feedlot and pig regions, and include several significant companion animal clinics.
The opportunity to develop extra skills in your area of special interest by spending time in other Apiam clinics in our network is encouraged. We offer industry-leading internal training as well as genuine support for your career progression including a formal leadership development program.
New and recently graduated vets benefit from Apiam’s Graduate Development Program. We recognize that the transition to practice can be a challenging time. This program includes monthly support webinars with Make Headway, a mentor program and the “Grad Week Conference” which provides practical seminars and workshops to help fast track your skills.
Dubbo is a vibrant, large and growing regional city (population 40,000) yet we are small enough to still have the easy-going lifestyle ssociated with a country town, with no traffic jams and everything is close. It is the best of both worlds!
We have great sporting, and facilities. as well as good schools, hospital and shopping.. Dubbo has a large regional airport with direct flights to all of the eastern capital cities. There are multiple daily flights to Sydney, a short trip of less than 1 hour.
For more information about living in Dubbo, go to https://dubbo.com.au/live