Border Veterinary Clinic has practices located in picturesque country towns within the Murray region of Victoria – Kerang, Cohuna, Barham and Leitchville. We service a large area from Swan Hill to Echuca.
Our clinics are mixed practices treating both companion and production animals. The practice caseload comprises 50% dairy, 40% small animals and 10% beef, equine and other species. The clinics are well equipped with CR Radiography, Idexx Vetlab, Cardell monitors (including ETCO2), fluid pumps, BCF ultrasound, IM3 dental gear and RxWorks software.
We are seeking a predominatly small animal veterinarian to join our team at Kerang.
- 90% companion animal based at the Kerang clinic with flexibility to help at other locations if required.
- This is a parental leave position of at least 6 months with option for an ongoing position.
- Any large animal work required would consist maintly of after hours emergency cases.
- 1:4 after hours roster.
- CE is expected, encouraged and supported. As part of Apiam Animal Health, we provide exceptional opportunities for training, personal development and career progression, including the Graduate Development Program to support recent grads tranisitioning from University to Practice.
Who we need:
- Ideally a vet with a year or two of experience with routine small animal medicine and routine surgery. An interest in small animal orthopaedics and soft tissue surgery would be beneficial but not essential.
- You can manage a calving, or sick cow work up and treatment.
- Capable of working independently in clnic, with support from other vets at nearby clinic locations as needed.
- Exceptional new and recent grads will be considered and will have great support and mentorship from the senior vets.
- Above award salary packages with plenty of benefits that come with being a part of the Apiam family of mixed and production animal practices across Australia
Apiam Animal Health is Australia’s largest rural and production animal veterinary group. Apiam’s clinics are in the heartlands of Australia’s dairy, beef feedlot and pig regions and include several significant companion animal clinics including a recently developed referral hospital in Bendigo.
We welcome enquiries about this role and the clinics and locations:
Dr Rachel Farquharson, Clinical Lead, Ph 0427 533 353
Kylie Lyons, Clinic Coordinator Ph (03) 5456 7334
Dr Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant Ph 0437 293 046
Location: Kerang, VIC
Please email applications including Cover Letter, CV and Referees to firstname.lastname@example.org