Harbour City Veterinary Surgery in Gladstone, Qld is a well established 100% small animal Veterinary Clinic that has been part of the local community for 30 years.
Our clinic is busy and growing which is why we need an additional Vet to make us a 6 vet team!
We have a full time position for new or recent graduate who wants to learn in an exciting environment with experienced mentors
for an experienced Veterinarian who wants to use and further develop their skills in a clinic which sees it all.
Harbour City Vet Surgery is a great place to work! Why?
- High staff retention rate
- Five (soon to be six) full time Vets
- A wonderful group of experienced nurses.
- 4 day work week with flexible rostering
- Scheduled 1 hour lunch break
- Genuine commitment to CPD – minimum $1500 per year allowance
- Team approach and plenty of support. Our 4 senior vets have 15-30 years of experience each and our recent grad is soon to complete her first year!
- A decent salary, negotiable depending on your experience, starting at $70,000 + super for a new graduate.
- After hours shared by all vets and another clinic in town. This means only 1 weeknight per week and every 5th Time off in lieu for working Saturday morning. Plus a dedicated triage service to filter the non-urgent calls.
- AVA membership, VSB registration paid, VIN, CVE, Plumbs App and Online library subscriptions
- Paid parental leave, volunteer leave and an annual extra day off to say “thanks”.
The clinic is well equipped with digital x-ray, IM3 dental, Abaxis biochemistry, in house laboratory, excellent local pathology, ultrasound and all the other beeping machines.
We see an interesting and varied caseload. You will not just be doing vaccinations all day, we really do get to see it all here.
For new graduates we provide full support with an experienced and dedicated mentor. You will also benefit from the graduate development program which supports your transition from uni to practice.
For experienced Vets we offer the chance to thrive in a busy clinic where you will see and get to treat all of the interesting cases while being paid a great wage and actually enjoying yourself with a fantastic work-life balance.
Recent grad or experienced, you will have the ability to learn any new skill you want.
We pride ourselves on both the great clinic environment we have created and the care we give each of our clients and patients.
Who we’re looking for:
- We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic Vet with great communication skills and a friendly and positive attitude to work.
- New grads who are ready to learn from an experienced team or an experienced Vet who wants an exciting and interesting work life.
- We are a busy clinic so we need someone who is ready to be part of a team that supports each other with our daily case load.
Gladstone is a fantastic part of Queensland.
We have everything here from beach to bush and the perfect climate. You can spend weekends driving down the Boyne Valley, swimming in waterholes and having lunch at the pub or you can drive down Lily’s Beach and spend the afternoon with a picnic and drinks. You can go for a walk at our beautiful marina, explore our award winning botanic garden and waterfront precinct and have lunch looking out over the islands. Or you might want to watch a show at our Entertainment Centre and have an Espresso martini at the wine bar or visit our art gallery. You can take a tinny out onto Lake Awoonga, fish or crab in the rivers or join a fishing competition to catch a Barra. The relaxed lifestyle in Gladstone is fantastic and on top of that our real estate is a great price. We are only a 6 hour drive from Brisbane and have an airport in town to fly you down there in 1 hour. Visit the following places to get a feel for what our area has to offer https://www.gladstoneregion.info/ https://harbourcityvet.com.au/ @gladstoneregion @ourgladstoneregion
Location: Gladstone, Qld
To speak to one of our vets, please contact Ben Warnick on 07 4972 5100
If this sounds like the clinic and lifestyle for you then please apply to email@example.com