Seeking a talented equine vet to join our experienced team!
Fur Life Vet Bunbury (Harradine and Associates Veterinary Surgeons) has an exciting opportunity for an equine vet to join our established equine hospital and team.
Our equine hospital has been locally operated for over 5o years and is the largest and most experienced veterinary hospital in the southwest of Western Australia.
We have veterinarians dedicated solely to our equine practice with experience and expertise in all aspects of equine medicine. Our hospital offers a wide range of services including surgery, general medicine, diagnostic imaging, endoscopy, ultrasonography, and reproduction/stud work.
As part of Apiam we offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Opportunities to gain extra skills by spending time in other clinics within our Apiam network are encouraged, and we offer industry-leading internal training as well as genuine support for your career progression.
Bunbury is a large regional coastal city without the Perth hustle and bustle but only 2 hours away from all the capital city services. We have fantastic schools to choose from, good retail, entertainment, and sporting facilities. For those who appreciate wine and gourmet produce, we are within easy reach of the Margaret River region.
About the Position:
- We are looking for an equine veterinarian with at least 2 years’ experience or someone who has just completed an equine internship.
- We also have the option of including some small animal work in this position if this is something that interests you. Speak to us about the options.
- Full time position with a 4-day work week.
- 1 weekend per month on call and 1 weeknight per week. Usual after-hours remuneration.
- Work Vehicle, phone and laptop provided.
- Duties will involve a full range of equine practice responsibilities, including medicine, anaesthetics, lameness exams and workups, surgeries such as stitch-ups and castrations, wound management, routine dentals, eye exams, health and husbandry advice, race meetings and reproduction work during season.
- We have a Large purpose-built hospital with all the expected modern equipment and can perform in house diagnostics, treatments as well as surgeries. We also provide an ambulatory service including general health, reproduction, dentistry, radiology, endoscopy, ultrasonography and emergency medicine.
- A strong support team of 8 vets, 14 nurses and 2 receptionists working across our main hospital and smaller branch clinic.
Remuneration and Apiam perks:
- We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Speak to us about your salary expectations.
- Relocation Assistance will be provided
- VSB Registration paid, and Memberships supported
- 5 days paid volunteer leave
- “Wellness Day” – An extra paid annual leave day!
- Paid parental leave in addition to the government scheme
- Vet Education membership
- 1 week CE leave
- Plus, various retail, travel, and service discounts through Flare.
If we sound like a clinic you would like to be a part of then please reach out!
You can see more about us here: https://harradine.com.au/equine-hospital/
For a confidential chat contact Corinne on 0458 387 478 or email@example.com to chat about the position or apply here!