ACE Laboratory Services (part of Apiam Animal Health) is looking for a Senior Scientist to join their veterinary laboratory team based in Bendigo.
- Full time permanent position
- Bendigo location
- Competitive salary package
About the company:
ACE Laboratory Services (part of Apiam Animal Health) is looking for a Senior Scientist to join their veterinary laboratory team.
Apiam Animal Health (Apiam) is one of Australia’s leading rural veterinary businesses made up of 70 business sites as part of a team of over 950 dedicated professionals. Apiam is made up of well-established vet clinics, production animal, and allied businesses and are spread Australia wide reaching into the heart of dairy, beef, sheep and pig country and the regional towns that are at their centre.
- Follow established SOP’s and perform routine laboratory testing including test validation (release) of results.
- Perform verification and validation of methods.
- Perform complex analytical and/or diagnostic routine and non-routine tests or procedures.
- Review Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) results and initiate any appropriate Correction and Corrective Action Reports (CACAR).
- Perform Quality control testing on products, following established SOP’s.
- Participate in NATA audits.
- Participate in review of the QA/QC efforts of your department or area.
- Provide scientific review of test results for accuracy and completeness (as appropriate) release results completed by other staff.
- Provide training for technical and support staff.
- Perform the duties of other positions in ACE Laboratory Services as, and when, required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A degree or diploma in Applied Science or a tertiary qualification with substantial relevant experience, or completion of a certificate III or IV in laboratory skills / techniques with a minimum 3 years of practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and training staff.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Serology, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Haematology and or Biochemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Experience in the written and verbal reporting of results.
- Basic knowledge of computer-based data entry and retrieval methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practice of laboratory safety and sterile techniques.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation processes.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel Applications would be advantageous.
- Valid Australian Drivers licence.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary package.
- Full time permanent position.
- Opportunity to become an integral member of this successful team.
- The numerous benefits of being part of the Apiam Animal Health family include: opportunities for continued professional development plus perks such as additional leave, and discounts from various retail, travel, fitness and health providers.
Apply Today as opportunities like this will not last!