Pork Storks Australia is the leader in pig semen processing and delivery systems in Australia, operating two state-of-the-art pig semen collection facilities that encompass superior health, environmental control and quality management systems.
As the Site Supervisor, you must be a “hands on” motivated self-starter with a “can do” attitude and be willing to work flexible hours (including weekends). You must possess a high level of interpersonal and computer skills as you will be charged with ensuring that the day to day operations of the stud run smoothly, efficiently and most of all safely.
Experience in a livestock handling (preferably in the swine or chicken industry with biosecurity controls) and proven supervisory or people management skills are essential to be successful in this role.
Your Duties Will Include:
1. Overseeing the daily operations of the boar stud such as:
- the collection, processing & packing of semen;
- animal health and husbandry;
- maintenance of the boar stud facility.
2. Ensuring compliance with all Pork Storks Australia bio security requirements and the Australian Pork Industry Quality Assurance Program (APIQ).
3. Ensuring production schedules and customer requirements are met.
4. Rostering and management of staff
5. Ensuring compliance with the company code of conduct and policies / procedures / SOP’s including WH&S regulations.
6. Manage relationships with customers, suppliers and veterinary staff and logistics operations.
An attractive salary is commensurate with the skills and experience you bring to the role.
Company phone & laptop computer provided.
To obtain the full Position Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Lethbridge, VIC
For more information please call Shaun Welsh on 0400 672 418.
To apply please email your covering letter and resume to email@example.com ensuring that you address the key requirements of the role and provide two current work related referees.
Applications close 8 February 2021.