Hi, Dr Tess Salmond here from the Clermont Veterinary Surgery in God’s own country – beautiful Central Queensland. One of our vets is off on maternity leave soon, so we have a unique opportunity for a veterinarian to come and play with us!
About the practice:
- Excellent reputation as the leading cattle practice and referral horse practice in the area
- True mixed practice (1/3rd Beef Cattle, 1/3rd Horses, 1/3rd Small Animal)
- Small animal clinic and the large animal facility all at the one 5 acre location which means everyone can work together as a team – whether it be operating on a bull’s pizzle in the tip crush, gastroscoping a horse, flushing an equine embryo, or performing a dog caesarian!
- Team of 6 veterinarians and 8 very capable support staff
- Awesome clients who are just the best – down to earth and appreciative!
- Amazing nurse support – nurses rostered on mornings and afternoons on weekends, on call and able to go “bush” with you
- Huge amount of experience and support from highly regarded senior vets
- Dr Alan Guilfoyle – bovine legend and all round bush vet expert. Previous ACV Cattle Vet on the Year. PregCheck and BullCheck examiner. Always has a joke ready to go.
- Dr Caroline Spelta – Equine medicine specialist. Excellent mentor, with an interesting referral case load. Incredible knowledge (like a textbook but drinks coffee and way more fun!)
- Me! Clinic Lead Vet. Ordinary vet, but blessed to get to do extraordinary things every day! Extremely passionate about supporting vets – I live next door to the vet clinic so always available to help when needed!
- After being family owned for 46 years, Clermont vets is now part of the Apiam family, a company with values like ours – dedication to rural and regional veterinary services. This is an exciting time for us and the opportunities and support this provides are huge.
Here’s what two of our vets have to say about working here:
- Our current new grad vet Dr Keely Agius: “I love working rurally in a practice that offers case diversity with the most amazing and supportive team”
- Senior vet Dr Kate Lancaster: “Working at Clermont vets has been a dream come true. I love the varied mixed animal case load and feel extremely lucky to work alongside some of the best vets in the industry. My colleagues whom I work alongside make me laugh hourly and during the difficult times as a vet are so supportive – they are not just work friends but work family!”
About the role:
- Mixed practice full time ongoing position available – mix of animals can be tweaked to match your areas of interest.
- Shared 1 in 4 on call, with support always available regardless of your level of experience.
- Join a team who genuinely love what they do and love coming to work!
- Plus, you can choose to star in our comedic client information videos – follow the links below to our You Tube channel!