The Gippsland Veterinary Hospital is a busy mixed practice with 14 vets (some are production animal vets, some mixed, some small animal only) and 30 support staff based in the heart of the always green and productive Macalister irrigation district in Maffra, south east Gippsland.
Our long-established practice includes our main hospital in Maffra as well as the Sale Vet Centre and purpose-built Gippsland Equine Hospital. We have a great client base of progressive dairy and beef farmers and an ever-expanding population of dedicated equine and small animal owners that trust us with the care of their animals.
We provide a high standard of service and can diagnose and treat most things in-house due to the quality equipment and extensive experience amongst our vets. We refer very little.
- We require a full time veterinarian for a mixed role, approximately 70% companion and 30% large animal
- 9 day fortnight
- 1:4 on call with time off in lieu of working a Saturday morning. After hours is supported by Apiam’s after hours Telehealth Triage team who answer and triage all calls. This means you are only called for cases that need to be seen
Our Maffra hospital is fully equipped with all of the latest equipment plus we have full equine surgery facilities and everything you need for cattle work. The main building is currently being extended and will include CT, 4 consult rooms, a dedicated room for dentistry, plus rehabilitation and hydrotherapy.
- Ideally we would like a veterinarian with 2+ years’ experience however new and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- You will be well supported by a large team of experienced vets with special interests including canine reproduction, surgery, dairy medicine, and we have an equine surgery specialist in our team.
- New and recent grads will benefit from Apiam’s Graduate Development Program which includes monthly facilitated support sessions, a mentor program and face-to-face Graduate Retreats.
- We need an enthusiastic team player who loves their patients and has empathy and respect for their clients.
The Gippsland Region:
- If you like your food and wine, nature and wildlife, the Gippsland area offers the lot.
- Stretching from Melbourne’s eastern fringe to the New South Wales border, the region boasts some of the most stunning national parks in the state. Some of the most spectacular include Wilsons Promontory at the southernmost tip of the Australian mainland, Victoria’s largest coastal wilderness area Croajingolong National Park – a World Biosphere Reserve of more than 100km – and the Gippsland Lakes, Australia’s biggest and most beautiful expanse of inland waterway.
- Like to hit the slopes? We are situated with easy reach of some excellent snow fields.
- Salary offered will be in the range of $65,000 – $95,000 DOE + superannuation and after-hours bonuses.
- Paid AVA membership and VSB registration
- Subscriptions to VIN, CVE, Plumbs App plus access to an online journal and text library
- Many other benefits that come with being part of the Apiam family including paid parental leave, paid volunteer leave, employee assistance program, various travel and retail discounts.
Apiam Animal Health is an accredited sponsor for overseas applicants who are eligible for registration with an Australian state Veterinary Board.
Location: Maffra, VIC
For more information and to apply:
Please email your CV with references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org