Kyabram Veterinary Clinic is seeking a mixed practice veterinarian who shares our mission to “enrich the lives of the people and animals in our care”.
Kyabram Veterinary Clinic is a true mixed practice. We have a loyal and growing number of small animal clientele and an expanding number of equine clients. Our cattle vets service a strong and extensive dairy community.
The clinic strives to consistently maintain best practice procedures and our culture is to build and share skills in a positive and enjoyable work environment.
Kyabram is in the middle of a rich irrigation district in the Goulburn River Valley and offers a wide range of sporting and social activities. The Murray River and all its attractions are just a short drive away. Melbourne is only 2.5 hours’ drive.
As part of Apiam Animal Health – Australia’s largest rural production animal veterinary group – we offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression including our Graduate Development Program and Leadership Program. Apiam’s clinics are in the heartlands of Australia’s dairy, beef feedlot and pig regions, and include several significant companion animal clinics including our flagship small animal facility in Bendigo.
Our team is built on the core values of COLLABORATION, LEADERSHIP, INTEGRITY, ENJOYMENT and DELIVERING VALUE.
About the position:
This position would suit a vet who wants to work in a supportive progressive 10 vet team that delivers high caliber diagnostics and treatment to loyal clients.
Your role will be approximately 70% dairy, 25% companion animals and 5% equine, however caseload can be negotiated.
- 9-day fortnight. The clinic opens 8am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 12 noon Saturday.
- Shared on call roster with secondary back-up vet on each night and weekend.
- The practice is well equipped with all expected gear to practice at a high level. Cattle yards and crush on-site. We have access to a CT scanner and referral surgery at our Bendigo practice plus referral dentistry at our nearby Shepparton clinic.
- Great mentoring and clinical support are assured with our experienced team of veterinarians ranging from 20+ years of experienced down to 3 years.
- New graduates will benefit from Apiam’s Graduate Development Program which includes regularly scheduled support sessions, a mentor program plus clinical webinars and practical workshops.
- We frequently host University and TAFE students for clinical placements.
- New or recently graduated vet with a genuine interest in being an active part of our rural community.
- Enthusiastic and sociable team-member committed to learning and practicing a high standard of care.
- A desire to establish strong skills across dairy, companion and equine.
- Competitive renumeration package dependent on level of experience, plus super and after-hours payments.
- Continuing education is strongly encouraged. 1 week of CE leave plus assistance with fees is provided.
- Vets are provided with a mobile phone and fully equipped work vehicle.
- Paid AVA and VSB membership, VIN membership, Plumbs App subscription.
- 2 days paid volunteer leave per year in addition to usual annual leave.
- Company paid parental leave in addition to government payment.
- Many corporate rates and discounts with various retail, travel, fitness, health services as well as staff clinic discount and Hills Pet discount.
“Kyabram Veterinary Clinic is an exceptional place to work. The vets and support staff at KVC pride themselves on a great team environment and a high standard of care, the clinic facilities are unreal, and the wider community and clientele are incredibly friendly and conscientious. I have loved my 6 years as part of the KVC team and could not have hoped for a more progressive or supportive workplace.” Dr Lucy Collins BSc (Ag), DVM
This is an amazing opportunity to focus on building your mixed practice skills whilst interacting with a large team of experienced vets in a community-focused town.
Location: Kyabram VIC
If this seems like the sort of environment in which you would thrive, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org