The Finley Veterinary Clinic in the Southern Riverina region was established over 45 years ago and prides itself on playing an important part in the overall animal health and welfare in the region and in the advanced innovative dairying we service.
The clinic offers a high level of service for both companion and production animals and has an experienced team of vets. One of our vets has ANZCVS Membership in cattle medicine and nutrition. We have Countdown and PregCheck accredited vets, plus vets with interest in small animal dentistry and medicine.
We are well equipped with all the modern equipment expected.
Finley is located 15 minutes from the beautiful Murray River and our branch cllinic is in the tourist town of Tocumwal. The wineries of Rutherglen are an hour away and cities of Shepparton and Albury are an easy 1 – 1.5 hour drive.
- The mix of work is 50% cattle (45% dairy, 5% beef), 40% Small Animal and 10% Equine.
- Vets work 8.30am – 5.30pm on week days and, when rostered, 9am – 12 noon Saturday.
- A typical case load for the day would be small animal consults, 1-2 surgeries, and general large animal (mainly dairy) work. We see a good variety of companion animal cases in the clinic.
- We have great opportunities to build relationships with our farming clients through herd health investigations and Apiam’s ProDairy partnership.
- We have longer times for consults so we can work up cases thoroughly and really get to know our clients.
- We are a young friendly team that places strong value on work life balance. We roster to ensure you can get away on time for sporting, social and family commitments.
- We are involved with teaching CSU vet students and regularly host students on placement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Ideally, 2 or more years of general mixed practice experience.
- New grads and soon-to-be graduates with a genuine interest in rural mixed practice are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with bovine obstetrics and pregnancy testing is preferred however we can help you develop these skills.
- We offer a competitive salary package along with a huge range of benefits that comes with being a part of the Apiam Animal Health family of mixed and production animal practices across Australia.
- We pay for AVA membership, VSB registration, Plumbs subscription. We provide the usual annual leave and CE leave plus we offer paid volunteer leave, parental leave and offer optional salary sacrifice arrangements.
- We offer genuine support for continuing education and provide numerous career path opportunities
- Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance provided for experienced overseas applicants
Find out more at www.apiam.com.au
For more information on this position, contact Dr Andrew Lean 0439 025 113.
To apply please email your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org