Fur Life Vet Smythesdale is seeking a veterinarian for their growing mixed practice.
- Full time position Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- No weekends or after-hours work.
- Option for a flexible part time position.
- We have 30-minute consults, we leave on time (mostly!) and we encourage everyone to leave work at work!
- The mix is approximately 70% companion animals and 30% large which is mostly equine ambulatory work and some hobby farm small ruminants.
- We see a variety of cases across both medicine and surgery including the expected range of emergencies seen in country practice.
- We have 8 passionate support staff, who are highly experienced and dedicated to our patients, clients and most importantly each other.
- We have a fun, energetic work culture, and enjoy celebrating birthdays and having the odd dinner together.
- Ideally, we need an experienced mixed vet who is confident with routine GP medicine and surgery, routine hobby farm animal work and equine dentistry.
- Most importantly, we seek a motivated team player who is enthusiastic about helping others to improve their skills.
The Clinic and Location:
We have recently moved to a spacious new location with a brand-new purpose-built clinic.
- The practice has all the expected equipment including a full IDEXX in-house laboratory suite, digital DR x-ray, digital dental x-ray, ultrasound, and sterile surgery.
- Located at 67 Brooke St, Smythesdale, we are 75 minutes from Geelong,15 minutes from Ballarat and 105 minutes from Melbourne.
Here’s what our vets have to say about our clinic:
“Every day is different. We see a wide variety of cases from small animals to large animals, exotics and wildlife.” Dr. Brittany Hallett.
“The greatest thing about this clinic is the teamwork that allows to achieve great veterinary care. A supportive team is so important in this industry, and it makes every day enjoyable.” Dr. Sarah Stewart.
Smythesdale Animal Hospital is a part of the Apiam Animal Health family. Apiam is comprised of Australia’s leading production animal and mixed animal veterinary practices. Apiam Animal Health is committed to delivering value to our clients through leadership, innovation, expertise, and collaboration, shaping the future of the veterinary industry and having fun while doing it. Get to know us here.
We will negotiate salary and benefits depending on the skills and experience you bring.
In addition, Apiam offers a range of benefits including support for continued professional development, study leave, paid AVA membership, VSB registration, Plumbs subscription, VIN membership and CVE practice membership, paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave, a mental health first-aider in every clinic, an Employee Assistance Program, and a range of corporate discounts for retail, travel and gym. Plus, we are proud to be able to give back to our clients and communities through the Fur Life Foundation and our various client support initiatives.
Location: Smythesdale VIC
All of our vets are happy to speak with prospective applicants!
Please direct ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS to:
Dr Leisa Denaro, Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com