Join the team at Border Vets.
Experienced vets can design your ideal mix of species, roster and base location.
Border Veterinary Clinic has practices located in picturesque country towns within the Murray region of Victoria – Kerang, Cohuna, Barham and Leitchville. We service a large area from Swan Hill to Echuca.
Our clinics are mixed practices treating both companion and production animals. The practice caseload comprises 50% dairy, 40% small animals and 10% beef, equine and other species.
The clinics are well equipped with CR Radiography, Idexx Vetlab, Cardell monitors (including ETCO2), fluid pumps, BCF ultrasound, IM3 dental gear and RxWorks software.
Experienced vets can select between 100% companion, predominantly companion or mixed roles.
- Full time permanent position based on a 9-day fortnight.
- 1:4 after hours roster
- CE is expected, encouraged and supported. As part of Apiam Animal Health, we provide exceptional opportunities for training, personal development and career progression including the Graduate Development Program to support recent grads transition from University to Practice.
Who we need:
- Ideally a vet with a minimum two years’ experience with routine mixed or small animal medicine and routine surgery. An interest in small animal orthopaedics and soft tissue surgery would be beneficial but not essential.
- For mixed vets, you can manage a calving, or sick cow work up and treatment.
- Capable of working independently in clinic, with support from vets at nearby clinic locations as well as the nursing teams.
- Exceptional recent grads will be considered and will have great support and mentorship from the 3 experienced senior vets.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Base salary (plus super) depends on your skills and experience however a vet with over 3 years’ mixed experience can expect upwards of $110,000 per year, and a recently graduated vet with up to 3 years’ experience can expect $75,000 – $95,000.
- Phone and work vehicle provided.
- $5000 relocation assistance paid plus an allowance for rent assistance.
- 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week CE leave plus annual allowance, 2 days paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave.
- AVA membership and VSB registration paid plus VIN membership, Plumbs App subscription, CVE membership and many more benefits.
- A Tele-triage nursing team who filters and triages all out of hours calls to minimise vet disturbance when on call.
As part of Apiam Animal Health – Australia’s largest rural and production animal veterinary group – we offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Apiam’s clinics are in the heartlands of Australia’s dairy, beef feedlot and pig regions, and include several significant companion animal clinics.
The opportunity to develop extra skills in your area of special interest by spending time in other clinics within our Apiam network is encouraged. We offer industry-leading internal training as well as genuine support for your career progression including a formal leadership development program.
New and recently graduated vets benefit from Apiam’s Graduate Development Program. We recognize that the transition to practice can be a challenging time. This program includes monthly support webinars with Make Headway, a mentor program and the “Grad Week Conference” which provides practical seminars and workshops to help fast track your skills.
Location: Kerang and Cohuna, VIC
We welcome enquiries about this role and the Border vet clinics and locations:
Dr Kate Howison Ph 0417 299 360 or Dr Leisa Denaro 0437 293 046
Please email applications including Cover Letter, CV and Referees to firstname.lastname@example.org