Fur Life Vet Smythesdale is seeking an experienced and passionate Veterinary Nurse to join our growing team on a fulltime permanent basis. We are a dedicated hard-working team, with the capacity for 10 surgeries a day and 2 consulting rooms. If you love to be on the move, making friends with the locals (furry or not), and continuously upgrading your skills, then we are the clinic for you!
With a modern and well-equipped clinic including Therian Cat Pods for decreased stress for our patients and custom dog runs that are on the way! Our fantastic team culture and great clinic location is just waiting for a strong, reliable, qualified and experienced nurse to come on board!
- Admitting and discharging patients.
- Preparing, monitoring and recovering anaesthetised patients.
- TPR’s, TLC, and charting of hospitalised patients.
- Updating clients on their pet’s progress.
- Administering medication.
- Nurse consultations including, nail clips, cartrophen injections, puppy/kitten advice, etc.
- Catheter placement, blood collection and in house diagnostics.
- Ad hoc administration duties as required.
Check us out at www.furlifevet.com.au/smythesdale
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing is essential.
- 2 + years’ experience in a busy vet clinic.
- Strong understanding of veterinary nursing procedures.
- Mature and confident approach when communicating with clients.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Wildlife handling would be advantageous.
- A strong passion for your work and dedication to providing high quality care to all patients.
What’s on offer:
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- In-house training and development.
- The numerous benefits of being part of the Apiam Animal Health family include; opportunities for continued professional development plus perks such as discounts from various retail, travel, fitness and health providers.
If you’re an experienced Vet Nurse looking to join a great team environment, apply today as opportunities like this will not last!