Quirindi Veterinary Clinic, part of Apiam Animal Health, is looking for a Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly team.
About the Role
In this busy role, you will be responsible for supporting the veterinarians in providing the highest level of treatment and care for patients.
Ideally, this is a full time position however part time with a minimum of 25-30 hours per week will be considered.
Your responsibilities and duties across the clinic will include:
- Assisting Veterinarians during consultations, examinations and treatments
- Assisting with surgery preparations and monitoring anesthesia
- Nursing hospitalised animals, administer treatments and medications
- Providing veterinary nursing care and grief support to clients
- Clinic administration including admissions, client records and maintaining stock control
- Ideally you will have a Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing or be currently enrolled and working towards completion.
- If you do not have this qualification but are keen to learn and undertake veterinary nurse training then we welcome your interest.
- Most importantly, we require a mature attitude, experience in a customer service role, with effective communication skills.
- You might be a parent returning to work, or individual with experience in another field who is looking for a change.
- You have a positive and adaptable manner which means you will fit into our small friendly team.